The web-forum opened on 1 January and a number of members have dived right in to explore and put it through it’s paces.
- 330 page views
- 113 posts
- 25 topics
Come and visit and get involved!
Post feedback with suggestions!
1 January has arrived and the web-based forum is now open for all AUSOM members to try!
- The forum is open to all AUSOM members at no cost.
- For AUSOM the forum has only required a tiny initial cost outlay. There are no ongoing costs.
- The forum is integrated into WordPress and does not require stand-alone software. It works well in the browser on your desktop, and it adapts well to iPhone/mobile devices by automatically changing its theme.
- The forum is private to AUSOM members
- There is a Public forum which is open for guests to post. Maybe guests will ask questions of AUSOM members or post other interesting information.
- There are some great features including subscribing to posts and forums, voting. private messaging and other features you have come to expect from a forum
New Usernames & Passwords
Most of you will have received an email with your username and password. If you did not, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into why. There are still a handful of members who have not provided us with your email address (or do not have an email address). Unfortunately, it is necessary for you to provide us with your email address in order to access the website and the forum.
Your registered email address is the address this message was sent to.
The “public” user is no longer available as we have moved to individual user accounts.
- Should you forget your password, you are able to create a new one at any time by using the “Lost your password?” link on the website. You can find it on the login screen.
- You can enter your username or email address to create a new password.
- This self service ability is very convenient.
- The web team do not know your password as it is stored in an encrypted format, however you can reset it at any time.
Get involved and give the forums a try!
Make your vote count on the AUSOM web site by 20th November 2015.
- Option Escape Blues – Peter Simondson
- Jazz Notes – Kevin Blazé
- Jam Session – Judy Young
- Ants Make Waves – Ivan Radywonik
- Cats v Dogs – Tim Gurrie
- Clouds – Ian McKean
- Kakoda – Franco Cianchi
- Medieval – Allan Groves
- Pompei – Franco Cianchi
- Card Trick – Pam Doughty
- Abstraction – Ivan Radywonik
- Paper Piano – Pam Doughty
- On Ice – Judy Young
- Street Action – Tim Gurrie
During the Seniors Festival in October, an open invitation is extended to all Seniors to ‘Come along and learn with us’. At the regular monthly meetings of Retirees & Others SIG and the AUSOM Mornington Group, AUSOM members will run special demonstration sessions for beginners to the iPad, iPhone and Mac, giving you tips and getting you started. So bring a friend, your iPad, iPhone or Mac notebook to one of these free sessions and enhance your skills!
If you are not an AUSOM member, please make a booking (for catering purposes). Phone: 0421126175 or email: email@example.com
Retirees & Others:
Wednesday 14 October, 10:00 am – 12:00pm, Balwyn Baptist Church, corner Whitehorse and Parring Roads, Balwyn.