Read the latest newsletter from The Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association (ASCCA) here.
Nan Bosler (President and co-Editor) writes the following:
“Greetings all, excitement is mounting, have you registered for the Living Your Best Online Life digital conference yet? Details are in this newsletter!
- 1 October is the International Day of Older Persons – ASCCA applauds the members of all Seniors Computer Clubs.
- Vale Susan Ryan – what sad news. We the people of Australia benefited greatly because of her achievements.
- What does an online conference mean?
- Read about two of the speakers, watch online as more speakers are announced.
- Lots of news from across the continent in Shades of SWADE
- Details for the People’s Choice Photo Competition – your choice will help to decide the winners in this category!
Take care, stay safe and keep connected,
fond regards, Nan”
The deadline for ASCCA’s Photo Competition has been extended to
Difficulties with the receipt of emails has resulted in some entries not
If your email containing your entry has been rejected/returned please send
If your entry has arrived correctly you should receive an email confirming
its arrival soon.
Hot off the press from ASCCA
Cameras to the ready!
Allan Mikkelsen, ASCCA Director from the ACT is convening the competition on behalf of ASCCA.
AUSOM members can select their favourite photographs and submit them for judging.
Photographs that have been taken since the last ASCCA competition was held (i.e. after 1st September 2017) are eligible for entry and, yes, photographs taken with your phone can also be entered.
Topics: Photo-Journalism, Travel-Photo, People/Portrait, Landscape/Seascape, Landscape-Structural/Manmade, Animals, Other. (Only one entry per category is possible however, each person may enter up to 7 photographs).
There is just one question – Who will be the Champion Digital Photographer for 2019?
Full details of the categories etc. will be available in AUSOM News June 2019 together with information on how AUSOM members can submit their entries and earn points for AUSOM.
ASCCA Photo Comp
Each entrant is permitted to present one photograph, taken after 10th August 2016,
for entry in each category – a total of seven entries.
In the July edition of AUSOM News this date was shown as 10th August 2017.